Marinade (makes 200 mL):
1/3 cup orange juice from concentrate (75 mL)
zest of 1 lime (1)
juice of 1 lime (1)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
2 Tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce (30 mL)
1-3 tsp sesame oil (5-15 mL)
4 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced (4)
2 Tbsp ginger, finely grated or minced (30 mL)
1 Tbsp honey (15 mL)
1/8 tsp chili flakes (0.5 mL)
2 tsp cornstarch (10 mL)
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 1” pieces (600g)
1 lb asparagus, trimmed, outer layer of stalk peeled, sliced into 3” pieces (450 g)
1 red pepper, thinly sliced (1)
5 mushrooms, thinly sliced (5)
1 carrot, peeled, julienned (1)
1 green onion, sliced (1)
1 tsp sesame seeds (5 mL)
- In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together marinade ingredients, excluding cornstarch. In a medium sized bowl, combine ½ marinade (100 mL) with chicken pieces, cover and refrigerate. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and prepare veggies and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over med-high heat. Cook marinated chicken with excess marinade for about 7 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Mix 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch into set aside marinade. Add remaining marinade to vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender yet crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Toss chicken and vegetables together.
- Serve in a bowl on top a bed of rice. Finish with a garnish of green onions and sesame seeds.
Asparagus & Chicken Stir-fry with Orange-Ginger Sauce
Add this summer stir-fry to your summer patio party and your guests will be pleased as punch! Asparagus adds a taste of summer to the dish while the orange juice provides a delicious sweet tang to simmer traditional soy, garlic and ginger flavours.
- Total Fat
- 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 109 mg
- 417 mg
- 24.6 g
- 3.8 g
- 13.6 g
- 39 g
- 1175 mg