- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 )
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (30 mL)
- 1/4 cup honey (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar (30 mL)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (30 mL)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (4 )
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano (60 mL)
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) thickness (4)
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken breasts, in large re-sealable plastic bag. Mix well.
- Add chicken breasts and let marinate, in refrigerator, 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill breasts on barbecue, over medium heat, approximately 5 minutes per side or until cooked and juices run clear.
BBQ Honey Chicken Breast
Tired of plain and flavourless chicken breasts? Ditch the barbecue sauce and liven them up with this marinade to add flavour to your next chicken meal. Grill chicken breasts and enjoy as a dinner entrée, in a sandwich, or chopped into a fresh green salad.