- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (125 mL)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, grated and wrapped in kitchen towel to remove all excess moisture (1 kg)
- In a medium size bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Use canola oil to grease a 25 cm (10 inch cast iron) frying pan. Place mixture in pan and flatten with a metal spatula.
- Bake hash browns at 400º F (200 ºC) for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when tested with a knife.
- Turn heat to broil and broil potatoes about 5 – 10 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Best Hash Browns
Three ingredients make up this easy-to-prepare hash brown bake. Simply combine freshly grated Yukon Gold potatoes, green onions and canola oil and bake! These best hash browns are sure to become a favourite for breakfast or brunch.