- 1 muffin pan
- 6 baking cups
- 1 of each coloured crayon, any brand, un wrapped
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided (125 mL)
- Preheat oven to 200F (100C)
- Line a muffin pan with baking cups, one for each colour you wish to make. Break unwrapped crayons into smaller pieces and place in the baking cups.
- Place muffin pan in the oven for 8-10 minutes of until crayons are melted. Be very careful taking the pan out of the oven.
- Working with one colour at a time, add 1 tsp (5 mL) of canola oil to one baking cup. Stir until the canola oil is completely absorbed by the melted crayon. Add another 1 tsp (5 mL) of canola oil to the same baking cup and stir until completely absorbed.
- Repeat step 4 until each crayon colour has 2 tsp (10 mL) of canola added. Let cool.
- Start painting using your finger or paintbrush!
- Remove with soap and water.
Try adding glitter! After you add the canola oil to your muffin cup, try adding 1/2 tsp (1 mL) of glitter and stir.
Note: You can use and coloured crayons you wish. Different crayon brands melt at different speeds. If your crayon has not melted after 8 minutes, continue to heat.
Get creative and a little messy with this homemade body paint using crayons and canola oil! Body art has never been easier! Use your finger or paintbrush to design a flower, bumblebee or a yellow canola flower! What will you create?