- 1 lb top sirloin beef cooked, thinly sliced, and trimmed of fat (500 g)
- 1/2 red onion cut into rings (1/2 )
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped (45 mL)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (15 mL)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (30 mL)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (30 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canned jalapeno pepper chopped (15 mL)
- 1 large garlic clove crushed (1 )
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens (or thinly sliced Napa cabbage) (1 L)
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped peanuts optional (30 mL)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice half wild rice, half converted rice (500 mL)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine beef, onion, parsley, and sesame seeds.
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Pour over beef mixture, tossing lightly to coat.
The flavours of Thai food come alive in this asian beef salad. Sirloin beef is tossed in a lime juice and soya sauce based dressing before being added to the salad.