- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (500 mL)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (15 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheese, grated (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
- 2/3 cups low fat milk (150 mL)
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
2. In medium size bowl, sift dry ingredients. Stir in cheese. Make well in flour mixture, and add canola oil and milk. Mix with fork until mixture cleans bowl and forms one mass.
3. Place dough on floured surface and knead lightly 10 times. Roll or pat out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Using a round 2-3 inch cookie cutter, cut dough into circles. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Best served warm.
Cheddar Baking Powder Biscuits
Biscuits are traditionally made with a solid fat like butter but they are even better with canola oil! There is nothing better than warm biscuits straight from the oven. Enjoy them with stew, Chili, soup or as a snack with tea.