- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1 cup mixed marinated olives, pitted and chopped (250 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 )
- 1 Tbsp capers, optional (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (15 mL)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (15 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes (375 mL)
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and heat over medium heat until heated through.
- If desired, the ingredients can be placed in the bowl of a food processor and processed to combine (thinning with extra canola oil if necessary), until mixture becomes a thin paste to mix with pasta.
Easy Pasta Tapenade Sauce
This Tapenade recipe is very versatile - it can be used as a pasta sauce, a spread for sandwiches, or served with crusty bread as an appetizer