- 1 loaf sourdough bread, about 16 oz. (500 g) crust on, cut into 3/4 (2 cm) inch cubes (1 )
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1 large red onion, diced (1 )
- 3 celery stalks, diced (3 )
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 )
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (60 mL)
- 1 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh sage (15 mL)
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme (10 mL)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) apricot halves in light syrup, drained, syrup reserved (1 )
- 2-3 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (30-45 mL)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chicken broth (60-125 mL)
1.Preheat oven to 300º F ( 150ºC)
2.Arrange bread cubes on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until dry.
3.In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add canola oil. Saute onions, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in herbs and toss to coat vegetables. Transfer to a large bowl.
4.Add bread cubes and toss to combine.
Whisk apricot syrup and orange juice concentrate and add to bread mixture. Toss to coat bread cubes. Add chicken broth.
NOTE: The amount of stock added is dependent on the desired moistness of the stuffing.
5.Transfer to a canola oil sprayed 9×13 inch baking dish or casserole dish.
6.Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for approximately 35 – 40 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked throughout.
Orange Apricot Stuffing
Traditional home-cooked Thanksgiving dinners are great but add some excitement with this apricot stuffing recipe! Fresh veggies, fragrant herbs, and orange juice make this dish your go-to for every holiday!