3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar (15 mL)
2 Tbsp hemp seeds (30 mL)
2 garlic cloves, minced (2)
1 Tbsp (15 mL) whole cumin seeds (15 mL)
1 yellow sweet bell pepper, cored and cut in half (1)
1 orange sweet bell pepper, cored and cut in half (1)
1 (19 oz ) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (540 mL)
3 oz sundried tomatoes, soaked in hot water, roughly chopped (90 g)
- Combine oil and garlic in a small pan set over low heat. Let simmer until the oil begins to bubble and the garlic is starting to lightly brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place cumin seeds in a separate skillet set over medium heat and cook, shaking the pan frequently, until browned and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Place half the cumin seeds in a mortar and crush with a pestle. Combine crushed and whole cumin with garlic and oil and hemp seeds, stirring to mix.
- Preheat a gas grill over high heat. Brush skin side of peppers with canola oil. Place peppers on grill, skin side down, turning occasionally, and cook until skin has blistered and blackened. Remove peppers from heat and place in a small heatproof bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let cool.
- When the peppers are cool to the touch, remove and discard the blackened skin. Cut peppers into thin slices
- In a mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, sundried tomatoes and peppers; drizzle generously with Dressing, stirring to mix. Serve immediately.
Roasted Sweet Pepper Salad with Toasted Cumin, Hemp Seeds, Chickpeas & Sundried Tomatoes
The ingredient list for this salad is short, but the flavours of toasted cumin seeds with chickpeas and sundried tomatoes is big in flavour.
- Total Fat
- 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- 0 mg
- 665 mg
- 30.7 g
- 6.4 g
- 3.5 g
- 9.6 g
- 358 mg