1 cup potatoes, boiled or roasted (250 mL)
1 cup peas, cooked (250 mL)
1 cup corn, cooked (250 mL)
1 cup red pepper, thinly sliced (250 mL)
1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
1 (14 oz/400 g) bag large shrimp peeled and de-veined (thawed)
6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (6)
pinch of salt (0.5 mL)
pinch of pepper (0.5 mL)
2 Tbsp lemon juice (30 mL)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (30 mL)
- Cook potatoes, peas and corn ahead of time and have ready for assembly.
- Wash and slice red pepper, and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, add shrimp, stirring once or twice, until shrimp turns pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add seasoning, lemon juice and parsley.
- Divide ingredients equally among four bowls and serve immediately.
The Maritime Bowl
This chowder-inspired bowl celebrates the spirit of the east coast. Featuring shrimp, potatoes, corn and peas, this crowd-pleasing bowl will have you lined up for seconds. Feel free to make your own chowder recipe and switch up the seafood. Just fill half the bowl with vegetables.Recipe provided by Zannat Reza, R.D. of Thrive 360.
- 4 people
- Serving Size
- 1 bowl
- Total Fat
- 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.6 g
- 125 mg
- 663 mg
- 28.1 g
- 4.5 g
- 6 g
- 18.5 g
- 515 mg