2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
1 onion, minced (1)
3 stalks celery, finely chopped (3)
4 cloves garlic (4)
1 lb mushrooms, chopped (450 g)
¼ cup large flake oats (not instant) (60 mL)
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) lentils, rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (30 mL)
1/2 tsp dried thyme (2 mL)
1/2 tsp black pepper (2 mL)
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (1 mL)
1/4 tsp ground cloves (1 mL)
½ green cabbage (1/2)
1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
Pinch of salt (0.5 mL)
3/4 cup - 1 cup apple cranberry chutney (175 mL - 250 mL)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion and celery until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and oats. Cook until mushrooms soften.
- Add lentils and the remaining ingredients.
- Cook until the water in the pot dries up.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut ½ green cabbage into large wedges.
- Massage cabbage with canola oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes until tender and cabbage is browned at the edges.
- Divide ingredients equally among six bowls.
- Top with apple cranberry chutney and serve immediately.
The Tourtiere Bowl
Inspired by recipes by Ricardo and Aimee Wimbush Bourque, this vegetarian version of Quebec's own tourtiere showcases mushrooms and lentils as the base. Roasted cabbage and apple cranberry chutney add a delicious punch to traditional flavours. Recipe provided by Zannat Reza, R.D. of Thrive 360.
- 6 people
- Serving Size
- 1 bowl
- Total Fat
- 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.8 g
- 0 mg
- 304 mg
- 28 g
- 6 g
- 10.3 g
- 7.2 g
- 848 mg