2 cups wild rice or quinoa, cooked (500 mL)
4 ( 4oz/112 g) salmon filets, cooked or 2 (7.6 oz/213 g) canned salmon
2 cups purple cabbage, sliced (500 mL)
2 cups bok choy, steamed or blanched (500 mL)
2 cups carrot, ribbons (or thinly sliced) (500 mL)
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (60 mL)
3 Tbsp lime juice (45 mL)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed (30 mL)
2 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped (30 mL)
2 Tbsp ginger, minced (30 mL)
1 Tbsp garlic, minced (15 mL)
1 Tbsp rice vinegar (15 mL)
1 Tbsp brown sugar (15 mL)
1 tsp sesame oil (5 mL)
Pinch of pepper flakes (0.5 mL) (optional)
- Cook wild rice and salmon ahead of time and have ready for assembly.
- Wash, chop, and prep vegetables as needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Divide ingredients equally among four bowls.
- Drizzle on dressing and serve immediately.
The West Coast Bowl
What better way to celebrate the west coast than to feature salmon. Served with wild rice, baby bok choy, carrots, and purple cabbage this Asian-influenced bowl will have your heart saying thank you. Recipe provided by Zannat Reza, R.D. of Thrive 360.
- 4 people
- Serving Size
- 1 bowl
- Total Fat
- 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.7 g
- 71 mg
- 736 mg
- 36.2 g
- 5.8 g
- 9.5 g
- 33.2 g
- 1267 mg