- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (15 mL)
- 2 tsp canola oil (10 mL)
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (45 mL)
- 1 Tbsp honey (15 mL)
- 1 tsp onion powder (5 mL)
- 1 lb firm tofu well drained, patted dry and cut into 12 rectangles (500 g)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 2 small onions cut into wedges (2)
- 2 cups Shiitake mushrooms (500 mL)
- 1 large red bell pepper seeds removes, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares (1)
- 4 mini bok choy stem and green pieces separated (4)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger minced (15 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves minced (2)
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, canola oil, and onion powder. Incorporate tofu and marinate 15 minutes (reserve marinade).
- In a wok, over medium-high heat, heat canola oil. Cook tofu until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Set tofu aside.
- In the same wok, stirring constantly, cook onions until browned, 3-5 minutes. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, bok choy stems cut into 4 pieces each, ginger and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add bok choy greens, marinade and tofu; cook 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Marinating the tofu adds flavour to this tasty vegetarian dish! Canola oil's high smoke point makes it perfect for high-heat stir-fries. Serve over brown rice. Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.
- 6 people
- Serving Size
- 1 cup (250 mL)
- Total Fat
- 8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 0 mg
- 70 mg
- 25 g
- 3 g
- 6 g
- 9 g
- 408 mg