At the end of October, we had the pleasure of being surrounded by an amazing group of Canadians at the Food Bloggers of Canada Conference in Montreal (#FBC2015). What we loved most about meeting the bloggers behind the blogs was discovering their passions and individual talents. How better to introduce some of them to you, our readers, than by giving you all a “taste” of what their sites have to offer? Below are 8 canola recipes from their sites.
We also wanted to share a thoughtful post that came after the weekend from the conference’s emcee and Professional Home Economist, Mairlyn Smith.
“I believe that we have become so fixated on the minutia of eating that we have forgotten the big picture. We need to get in touch with the basics.” – Mairlyn Smith
This is a must-read for foodies, food-lovers and eaters-of-food (yes, we mean everyone).
Read: The Big Picture by Mairlyn Smith
8 Recipes from #FBC2015 Bloggers
1. Braised Lentils and Chickpeas with Kale from Renée at SweetSugarBean.com
2. Red Wine Braised Short Ribs from Ayngelina & Dave at BaconisMagic.ca
3. Grilled Pear, Goat Cheese & Raspberry Salad, from Julia at TheDomesticBlonde.com
4. Pumpkin Oat Muffins from Chrissie at TheBusyBaker.ca
5. Chewy Nut & Fruit-Packed Granola Bars from Marie at FoodNouveau.com
6. Mes muffins préférés from Stéphanie at laptitefourchette.com (This site is written in French, but you all know about Google Translate, right?)
7. Spiced Hot Chocolate Cake from Alanna at ToughCookieBlog.com
8. Easy Homemade Mayonaise from Mardi at EatLiveTravelWrite.com
How do I get my recipe featured?
We love finding recipes online using canola oil. When we find them, we share them.
You might just find your favourite picks in the next Canola Coast to Coast edition!