That’s a Wrap!
Eco-friendly, functional and fun, making these reusable food wraps is a snap. Watch the video and make your own custom beeswax wrap that you can use over and over again.
You can find beeswax at many craft supply stores, candle-making stores, your local beekeeper supply store or you can order a kit from Petal & Hive.
You will need:
- 10 x 10 piece of pre-washed cotton fabric
- parchment x 2
- iron safe surface
How to create your beeswax wrap:
1. Set iron to low temp @ acetate-nylon & no steam. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the ironing board and lay fabric on parchment.
2. Break 2/3 of your wax into smaller pieces and arrange wax evenly on the fabric.
3. Lay a 2nd sheet of parchment over the fabric. Lift and gently place the iron over the wax lumps. As wax melts, use iron to push around and evenly distribute.
4. When the wax is melted, lift the top parchment paper and check for dry areas. Add more wax as needed, replace parchment and continue the process until fabric is evenly coated.
Use your beeswax wrap to cover bowls, wrap veggies, hard cheeses, fruit, and baked goods! Not recommended for meats and wet food items.
TIP: Use any remaining wax to refresh your wrap using the method above to extend the life of your wrap!
To wash: Wipe, rinse or hand-wash with cold water and small amount of dish soap. Don’t soak or scrub too hard. Avoid heat.