March is #nutritionmonth and a great time to fill your plate with veggie loaded recipes.
Our Stir-fry Favourites:
Get the full recipe: Chicken Stir-Fry with Peanuts
- Slice, Dice & Chop: Prep and measure everything before you start cooking. Cut your vegetables in a way that will give you the most surface area exposure for speedy cooking and slice meats against the grain for ultimate tenderness.
- Canola oil is a great stir-fry choice! Why? Canola can take the heat, it’s affordable, it doesn’t compete with other flavours and is the Canadian choice.
- Customize the flavour: A homemade stir-fry sauce can take you around the world in terms of flavour and can easily be adjusted to your family’s tastes. Try different combinations of soy sauce, fresh lime juice, peanut butter and your favourite broth and spices. The options are endless!
- Beyond rice! Experiment with non-traditional whole-grain side dishes like quinoa, brown rice, wheatberries, barley or whole-grain pasta.
- Garnish & Serve: up the flavour and visual appeal by using chopped nuts or fresh herbs sprinkled over the top right before serving or let your family garnish their own bowls.
– Ellen & Jenn