What’s your cupcake personality?
If you choose Lemon Lime, your Cupcake Personality is: The Free Spirit
The Free Spirit: Everyone wants to be your pal. Your sparkling personality and infectious laugh is what first attracts people to you… and then they stay for the cupcakes. You are a spontaneous, free-spirit, and you hate the cold. When winter gets to be too much, you travel on a whim to someplace warm. Your lime-green bathing suit, flip-flops and a good book are always packed and ready to go, just in case.
Lemon Lime Cupcakes with Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Lemon Lime Cupcake Recipe
Yield: 24 cupcakes
1 (18 oz) pkg lemon cake mix (1 (515 g) pkg )
1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
1 1/4 cup water (300 mL)
3 eggs (3 )
2 Tbsp grated lime zest (30 mL)
2 Tbsp grated lemon zest (30 mL)
- Preheat oven 375 F (190 C). Line muffin pans with 24 paper baking cups.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients and beat well, about 2 minutes. Spoon the batter into baking cups. Bake cupcakes for 14 – 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Remove cupcakes from baking cups.
Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese (1 (250 g) pkg )
2 1/2 – 3 cups confectioners’ sugar (625-750 mL)
1 tsp lime zest (5 mL)
1 tsp lemon zest (5 mL)
- Place cream cheese in mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until well mixed. Add any additional confectioners’ sugar as needed.
- Add lime and lemon zest and beat until combined. Spread frosting over cupcakes and decorate with candied fruit pieces.