With the holiday season approaching, it’s the perfect time to get passionate about cookies. We want to hear about your favourite cookie, the recipe and your story behind the cookie that is baked with heart healthy canola oil.
We are calling all bloggers to enter our “My Cookies Are The Best!” contest and win your way to the Food Bloggers of Canada Conference, April 12-14, 2013 at the Hockley Valley Resort in Ontario.
We are giving away two outstanding prize packages – one to a Manitoba blogger and the other to a blogger from anywhere in Canada. It’s a sweet deal. Each package includes full conference registration, hotel accommodation, meals and travel. Yes, that’s right, we will fly you to conference. Are you as excited as we are?
You must be a Food Bloggers of Canada member to be eligible to win. Head on over to the Food Bloggers of Canada site and sign up to as a member today (it’s a free)!
You can check out the full contest details, rules and eligibility criteria at the bottom of this post. Contest closes November 28, 2012 and the winner will be announced on December 3, 2012.
Our Baker’s Dozen Reasons on why we’re excited to partner with FBC and over 700 food bloggers Canada-wide:
1. We love bloggers!
2. We love to partner with people who have heart and passion!
3. We love to partner with people who love to cook or bake!
3. We love to share a great story, check out our Be Well blog
5. We love to learn.
6. We are proud to represent 9,000 canola farmers in Manitoba.
7. We love our farmers – check out Bruce and his story.
8. We believe in heart healthy canola oil! It’s a great choice for your kitchen; low in saturated fat, high in heart healthy monounsaturated fat and a source of omega-3’s. It’s our go-to-oil.
9. We want to create meaningful connections with you!
10. We want to grow our community as you grow your own.
11. We love a good contest – check out the winning recipes from our Ontario Home Economist Association cookie contest.
12. …which is why we’d love to see what cookies you can bake up with Canola oil and possibly WIN YOUR WAY to FBC2013! Yes – The Manitoba Canola Growers are excited to partner with FBC to bring you “My Cookies Are The Best!” contest.
13. We love to create long-term relationships. Here is one of our partners, Mairlyn Smith making her Triple Oat Cookies in our Manitoba Canola Growers Culinary Theatre at Assiniboine Community College.
How to enter “My Cookies Are The Best” Contest:
-Create a cookie recipe using canola oil as the only fat in the recipe and blog about it.
-Your blog post must include; a mouthwatering photo and the story behind the cookie (memories, family, friends, your passion for baking, cookie exchanges, etc).
-Your post must mention and link to both Manitoba Canola Growers (www.canolaeatwell.com/blog/) and Food Bloggers of Canada (www.foodbloggersofcanada.com).
For one entry leave a link to your blog post in the comments section of My Cookies are the best in the Members Only section on the FBC site (Please note that you need to be logged into FBC site for this link to work). Please mention in your comment where you are located.
For a second entry to the contest, bloggers who have created a post may also tweet about the contest: “#Mycookiesarethebest and @canolagrowers should send me to @foodbloggersCA conference” (You are encouraged to include the link to your post so everyone can see your cookies!). Then come back here and leave a comment to let us know you tweeted!
For a third entry to the contest, leave a link to your blog post below in the comment section of this page.
(you may enter more than one recipe but each recipe is required to be seperate blog entries/post on your blog.)
Eligibility and contest rules:
-Bloggers must be Canadian residents (Members abroad are not eligible for this contest and Quebec residents are disqualified from entry).
-Bloggers must be 18 years or older.
-Bloggers must be members of Food Bloggers of Canada.
-Bloggers must be able to attend the Food Bloggers of Canada conference April 12-14, 2013 .
-Prize package is not transferable.
-No purchase of any product necessary for entry.
-Winners will be chosen randomly (using www.random.org) from all qualified entries on November 28th after 4pm EST.
-Winners must answer a skill-testing question in order to claim the prize.
-Winners will be announced in the Food Bloggers of Canada Monday News on Monday December 3rd and also on the Be Well Blog.
-There are TWO prizes up for grabs – one for an FBC member from Manitoba and one for an FBC member located elsewhere in Canada.
-Each prize consists of of one all-inclusive registration to Food Bloggers of Canada conference, accommodation and all meals plus reasonable travel/transportation. Package values are dependent on the departure cities of the winning bloggers and each package is not to exceed $1700. Incidental expenses are the responsibility of the winners.
-Upon returning from Food Bloggers of Canada conference, each winner will be asked to write a post about the event, to be published on their own blog(s) as well as on the Manitoba Canola Growers blog.