What’s your cupcake personality?
If you choose Peanut Butter & Chocolate, your Cupcake Personality is: The Kid
The Kid: Most people would describe you as a kid-at-heart. You can’t pass a playground without taking your turn on the swings, and you are the first to reach for the crayons when you go out for dinner with the family. (Funny how you always choose the restaurant with the paper tablecloths…) You don’t mind indulging once in a while, because you know you’ll burn it all off later in an epic game of tag.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing Recipe
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Yield: 12 cupcakes
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted 75 mL
1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
½ tsp baking soda 2 mL
¼ tsp salt 1 mL
1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter 60 mL
½ cup 1% milk 125 mL
½ cup reduced fat sour cream 125 mL
Peanut Butter Filling Ingredients:
½ cup creamy peanut butter 125 mL
3 Tbsp canola margarine 45 mL
1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar 375 mL
3 Tbsp 1% milk 45 mL
- Line muffin pan with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, canola oil and eggs until thickened, about 2 – 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and peanut butter. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, along with the milk and sour cream. Beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Divide cupcake batter into the paper lined muffin pan. Bake cupcakes for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- To make Peanut Butter Filling: In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, canola margarine, confectioner’s sugar and milk .Beat well until very creamy, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- When cupcakes have cooled to room temperature, spoon filling mixture into a pastry bag, fitted with a ¼ inch (6 mm) plain round tip. Insert tip into the top of each cupcake. Squeeze filling into the center of each cupcake. Top of cupcakes will bulge slightly.
- Frost with Chocolate icing. Recipe follows.
Chocolate Icing Recipe
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 500 mL
1 cup reduced fat sour cream 250 mL
- In a large glass bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave as package directs. Add sour cream and beat until fluffy and icing has a good spreading consistency.
- Spread about 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of icing on each cupcake.