What’s your cupcake personality?
If you choose Pumpkin Cupcakes, your Cupcake Personality is: The Archivist
The Archivist: You are down-to-earth, welcoming, and grateful for every single day. You love celebrating with your extended family and friends and are just a little on the nostalgic side. You save everything and are considered the unofficial family archivist.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Spiced Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe
Yield: 12 cupcakes
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour 425 mL
1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
¼ tsp baking soda 1 mL
1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
½ tsp ground ginger 2 mL
¼ tsp nutmeg 1 mL
¼ tsp salt 1 mL
1 cup brown sugar 250 mL
1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
¼ cup buttermilk 60 mL
1 cup pureed pumpkin 250 mL
- Line muffin pan with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together brown sugar, canola oil and egg until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients, buttermilk and pureed pumpkin to the wet ingredients. Beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Divide cupcake batter into the paper lined muffin pan. Bake cupcakes for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting Icing. Recipe follows.
Spiced Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
1 (8 oz/227 g) pkg cream cheese
¼ cup canola margarine 60 mL
3 ½ – 4 cups confectioner’s sugar 875 mL – 1
½ tsp cinnamon 2 mL
¼ tsp ground ginger 1 mL
¼ tsp nutmeg 1 mL
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and canola margarine until very smooth.
- Add confectioner’s sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and beat to combine ingredients. Adjust confectioner’s sugar or milk quantities if necessary.