- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (15 mL)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced (15 mL)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (1)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil (22 mL)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar (2 mL)
- 8 cups Chinese cabbage (suey choy) (2L)
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips (1)
- 2 green onions, chopped (2)
- 2 medium carrots, grated (2)
- 2 cups slivered snap peas (500 mL)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted (75 mL)
- In a small bowl or glass jar, combine rice vinegar, cilantro, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, jalapeno pepper, canola oil, sesame seeds and sugar. Whisk or shake vigorously and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together cabbage, peppers, green onion and carrot. Shake dressing again and pour over salad ingredients. Toss to coat vegetables.
- Add snap peas and almonds before serving. Toss again and serve immediately.
Asian-Style Cabbage Slaw
This bright, colourful, Asian-style coleslaw is a must-have at your next BBQ, picnic, or potluck. The Chinese cabbage, snap peas, carrot, and red pepper pair well with this flavourful dressing. For a gluten-free version substitute regular soy sauce for a wheat-free soy sauce.
- Serving Size
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Total Fat
- 7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 0 mg
- 105 mg
- 11 g
- 3 g
- 3 g