- 1/2 lb whole-grain linguine (250 g)
- 1/2 cup chunky-style light peanut butter (125 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 2 Tbsp sodium reduced soy sauce (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp fresh gingerroot (15 mL)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (0.5 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (2)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup sodium reduced chicken broth, warmed (60-125 mL)
- 1 medium pepper, diced into 1 cm pieces (1)
- 1 cup cooked pork or chicken, diced (250 mL)
- 3 green onions or scallions, sliced thinly on diagonal (3)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds for garnish (30 mL)
- To prepare noodles, bring 2 litres of water to a boil in a large pot set over high heat. Stir in noodles and cook until al dente – slightly firm to the bite.
- Drain the noodles in a colander under cold running water. Transfer the noodles to a medium-sized bowl and reserve until ready to use.
- To make sauce: Combine peanut butter and canola oil, blend well. Whisk in the soy sauce, gingerroot, cayenne pepper, garlic and stock. Pour sauce over noodles.
- Add red pepper and meat. Toss. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
Chef’s tip: Toasted sesame seeds are easy to make and add a delicious, nutty flavour. To toast seeds stovetop, use a wide frying pan over medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally. Remove the seeds when they darken and become fragrant; store in a covered jar at room temperature.
Nutrition Tip: Adding fresh ingredients, such as gingerroot and garlic, helps add flavour without adding sodium.
Asian-Style Noodle Salad
Looking for a noodle salad recipe? This Asian-style noodle salad will surely become your new favourite. Pack this heart healthy salad as a lunch or enjoy it as a light supper.
- Total Fat
- 8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 10 mg
- 240 mg
- 24 g
- 4 g
- 13 g