¼ cup balsamic vinegar (60 mL)
2 Tbsp maple syrup (30 mL)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (15 mL)
1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
4 garlic cloves, crushed (4)
½ tsp salt (2 mL)
¼ tsp pepper (1 mL)
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (8)
1 medium onion, chopped (1)
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into ½ inch (2 cm) pieces (approx. 4 cups)
24 Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise (24)
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped (15 mL)
¼ tsp salt (1 mL)
¼ cup no-salt-added chicken broth or water (60 mL)
- In a large bowl or re-sealable plastic bag, mix marinade ingredients until well combined. Add chicken thighs, coat with marinade, chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat 12” (30.5 cm) cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, place marinated chicken thighs in skillet, set aside reserved marinade. Cook chicken thighs for about 5-6 minutes, flipping once, or until chicken is browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; add chopped onion and sauté for about 1-2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until vegetable soften slightly.
- In a glass measuring cup, pour reserved marinade. Add enough chicken broth or water (about ¼ cup) to measure ½ cup of total liquid.
- Return chicken to skillet. Add marinade reserve and fresh thyme to skillet, stir to coat ingredients.
- Carefully place skillet in pre-heated oven. Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until vegetables are fork-tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve warm.
Balsamic Maple Chicken Skillet with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
This sweet and savoury all-in-one dish is as delicious as it is easy. Marinate the chicken prior to lock in the sweet flavour.
- Total Fat
- 14 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.5 g
- 206 mg
- 660 mg
- 36.6 g
- 7.3 g
- 17.3 g
- 41.3 g
- 1074 mg