- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 3/4 cup water (175 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add canola oil and water. Stir until combined. Roll out onto cookie sheet. Prick with fork all over. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
A family favorite with many variations on this classic Canadian staple. A quick bread that can be baked in the oven, cooked on the grill or over the campfire. Best served warm with margarine & jam or honey.