1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
4 cups baby spinach (1 L)
1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
1 Tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
1 Tbsp fresh chopped mint (15 mL)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (15 mL)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
2 shallots, minced (2)
1 ½ cups pearl barley, rinsed (375 mL)
3 ½ cups no-salt added vegetable stock (875 mL)
1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
1 cup cooked kernel corn (250 mL)
1/3 cup dried cherries (75 mL)
12 oz grilled pork tenderloin, cubed (340 g)
4 oz crumbled feta cheese (120 g)
- Heat oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted. Remove from heat and let cool. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large heavy pot with a lid; add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- Add barley to pot and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add stock to pot and bring to a boil; cover with lid, reduce heat to low and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain any excess liquid, fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Combine spinach, barley, corn, cherries, pork and feta in a large bowl and stir to mix. Drizzle generously with dressing, stirring to evenly mix. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Barley Salad with Dried Cherries, Feta, Grilled Pork & Sautéed Spinach
This delicious salad is chock-a-block full of flavour. Pull this recipe out your back pocket at a dinner party to satiate your guests and become the new chef on the block.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 5 g
- 57 mg
- 241 mg
- 53 g
- 10 g
- 10.8 g
- 27 g
- 679 mg