2 Tbsp canola oil, divided (30 mL)
1 small onion, finely chopped (1)
1 clove garlic, minced (1)
3 cups bite-sized broccoli florets (750 mL)
3 cups bite-sized cauliflower florets (750 mL)
1 cup sour cream (250 mL)
1 cup grated old cheddar cheese (250 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (125 mL)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (60 mL)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190°C).
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL). Cook onion for 4 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add garlic, cook for 1 more minute.
- In a large bowl, add onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Transfer to an 8-inch (20 cm) oiled baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL), panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Cover baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and continue baking for 10-15 minutes until bubbling and top is browned.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Bake
A comforting and satisfying side dish which can use fresh or pre-cut frozen vegetables, making it quick and easy enough for a weeknight.
- Total Fat
- 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 8.4 g
- 39 mg
- 450 mg
- 20.8 g
- 4.7 g
- 4.1 g
- 13 g
- 493 mg