- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (125 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1/3 cup ground hazelnuts (75 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (400 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (5 mL)
- 1/3 cup milk (75 mL)
- 4 oz cream cheese softened (112 g)
- 3/4 cup nutella (175 mL)
- 2 cups icing sugar (500 mL)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp milk (30 mL)
- In a large bowl, beat together canola oil, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a second medium size bowl combine ground hazelnuts, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Beat well.
- Divide batter into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. NOTE: These cupcakes have a brownie-like consistency and centres may sink very slightly when cooling.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Frost with Nutella Frosting. *Recipe follows.
- Beat cream cheese until very soft.
- Add Nutella and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add icing sugar, cocoa powder and milk and beat until piping consistency, adding a small amount of extra milk if necessary.
- Fill decorator piping bag and pipe frosting over cupcakes.
Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Cupcakes with Nutella and Cream Cheese Icing
These cupcakes are a treat, perfect for birthdays and other celebrations. Ground hazelnuts and cinnamon are blended into the batter and the cupcakes are topped with a cream cheese and nutella icing.
- Serving Size
- 1 cupcake
- Total Fat
- 19 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4.5 g
- 44 mg
- 147 mg
- 70 g
- 2.5 g
- 54 g
- 5.8 g
- 173 mg