Smoky Lime Crème:
- 1 cup sour cream (250 mL)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (10 mL)
Sautéed Butternut Squash, Baby Spinach & Black Bean:
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided (60 mL)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2” cubes to make 4 cups
- 1, 5 oz pkg baby spinach (140 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed (500 mL)
- 1 Tbsp cumin (15 ml)
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika (15 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (60 mL)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced into 1/4” thick slices
- 18, 6” (15 cm) soft corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (250 mL)
Smoky Lime Crème:
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, zest, juice, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Sautéed Butternut Squash, Baby Spinach & Black Bean
- Heat 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick pan set over medium high heat. Add squash to pan and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring often, or until evenly browned and tender. Remove squash from pan and reserve
- Heat remaining canola oil over medium heat; add spinach and garlic to pan and cook until spinach is wilted and garlic is lightly browned. Add beans.
- Return squash to pan add cumin, oregano, paprika and cilantro. Stir to combine. Keep mixture warm.
Fill each tortilla with a 1/3 cup (75 mL) scoop of the squash mixture. Top with avocado slices, a drizzle of Smoky Lime Crème and crumbled Feta. Serve immediately.
Butternut Squash and Black Bean Tacos with Smoky Lime Crème for a Crowd
Tacos are always a great go-to to feed a crowd. This recipe is easy to make ahead, portable, and the left overs are delicious as a side dish the next day or added to a quesadilla. You will be the star of your team, event, or party by making this crowd-pleasing favourite.
- Serving Size
- 1 taco with 1/3 cup filling
- Total Fat
- 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.8 g
- 13 mg
- 316 mg
- 31.3 g
- 5.6 g
- 1.6 g
- 7.8 g
- 461 mg