- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 )
- 1 medium onion, diced (1 )
- 10 oz capicolla, sliced (284 g)
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms, sliced (250 mL)
- 1 cup white wine (250 mL)
- 1 cup whipping cream (250 mL)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (30 mL)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (250 mL)
- 12 oz fettuccini (350 mL)
- Heat canola oil into a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and capicolla. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are almost cooked through, about 4 – 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add white wine to deglaze the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Add whipping cream and parsley. Toss to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add Parmesan cheese and toss once again.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in a large amount of water, following package instructions, until just tender. Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup (250 mL) pasta water.
- Combine pasta and sauce and add some of the reserved pasta water, if needed. Serve immediately.
Note: Capicolla is a type of Italian sausage. It is available in either spicy or mild versions.
Capicolla and Mushroom Fettuccini
Mushrooms and Italian sausage,combined with a delicious cream sauce and served over fettucini will leave you speechless!
- 4 people