- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (250 mL)
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ (30 mL)
- 2 tsp instant yeast (10 mL)
- 3 Tbsp sugar (45 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 cup warm milk (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup additional all-purpose flour (125 mL)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil margarine (45 mL)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon (5-10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup canola oil margarine (125 mL)
- 1 cup brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1 cup pecans chopped (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup (60 mL)
- In large mixing bowl of stand mixer, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, instant yeast, sugar, salt, canola oil, egg and milk, except last ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour. Mix ingredients on slow speed using the dough hook, incorporating more flour, if needed, to form a soft dough.
- Continue to mix ingredients for about 6 minutes. Alternatively, ingredients can be mixed by hand and then kneaded into a soft dough.
- Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a floured board to form a 9×12 inch (23 x 30 cm) rectangle. Spread 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola margarine over dough, followed by the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Roll dough up tightly, starting at the 12 inch (30 cm) side. Pinch edge of dough to seal the roll.
- Meanwhile, melt ½ cup (125 mL) canola margarine in a 2 quart (2 L) saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar and ¼ cup (50 mL) dark corn syrup. Cook and stir until sugar has melted. Pour into un-greased 9×13 inch (23×30 cm) pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Cut dough roll crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Place dough pieces slightly apart on top of caramel nut mixture.
- Let rise in a warm place for 40-45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake rolls at 375°F (190°C) for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately turn upside down onto serving plate. Caramel will drizzle over rolls.
- Serve warm.
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Love Buns
These cinnamon buns are ooey, gooey, sticky and delicious. They are jam-packed with a tasty filling and best served warm. Make sure you have extra wet napkins ready to wipe sticky fingers.
- Serving Size
- 1 roll
- Total Fat
- 21 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 15 mg
- 230 mg
- 57 g
- 3 g
- 6 g