- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and diced (about 2 cups / 500 mL)
- 1 medium orange, peeled and diced (1)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced (30 mL)
- Juice of half a fresh lime
- ½ Tbsp sucralose brown sugar blend (7 mL)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (10 mL)
- 2 tsp minced ginger (10 mL)
- 2 tsp ground cumin (10 mL)
- 2 tsp ground coriander (10 mL)
- ½ tsp turmeric (2 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL) (plus more to oil the grill)
- 6 pork loin chops (6)
- Make salsa by combining pineapple, orange, cilantro and lime juice in bowl. Set aside. Can be prepped up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- Make rub for pork chops: In small bowl, combine brown sugar blend, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Do not omit turmeric as it lends a lovely yellow hue to this dish.
- Brush both sides of pork chops with canola oil and apply rub to both sides.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Place pork chops on grill for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked to internal temperature of 160 °F (70 °C).
- Serve each chop accompanied with 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa.
Caribbean Grilled Pork with Tropical Salsa
This tangy, sunny dish will help you feel that summer is just around the corner. Chef's Tip: Try barbecuing the pineapple for a bit for the salsa. The grill adds a subtle smokey flavour. Peel, cut into big pieces, brush with canola oil, and grill – but not too long! Recipe from CanolaInfo.
- 6 people
- Serving Size
- 1 pork chop with 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa
- Total Fat
- 10 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 50 mg
- 65 mg
- 10 g
- 2 g
- 8 g
- 19 g
- 376 mg