2 eggs (2)
4 cups grated parsnips (1 L)
2 cups grated carrots (500 mL)
1/2 cup grated, old cheddar cheese (125 mL)
1 green onion, finely chopped (1)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (125 mL)
1 tsp chili powder (5 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
1/4 cup canola oil, divided (60 mL)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together. Add in parsnips and carrots to bowl and stir until combined.
- Add cheese, onions, flour, chili powder and salt. Stir until combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil. Using a 1/4 cup (60 mL) scoop, drop mixture into the skillet and flatten each fritter to 3/4 of an inch (2 cm) with a spatula.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes per side, flipping once.
- Remove from pan to a paper towel-lined plate.
Repeat with remaining batter, adding 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil per batch of four. Serve warm.
Carrot and Parsnip Fritters
These fritters make an excellent afternoon snack, appetizer, or side dish. Top with sour cream or applesauce for a savoury or sweet treat. Recipe courtesy of How to Eat.
- 6-8 fritters
- Serving Size
- 2 fritters
- Total Fat
- 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.4 g
- 56 mg
- 160 mg
- 21.8 g
- 3.4 g
- 4.9 g
- 5.5 g
- 394 mg