1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets (1)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (75 mL)
1/2 tsp basil (2 mL)
1/2 tsp oregano (2 mL)
1/2 tsp garlic powder (2 mL)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional) (1 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
1 egg (1)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
1/2 small red pepper, thinly sliced (1/2)
1/3 cup broccoli florets (75 mL)
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/2)
1/3 cup thinly sliced crimini mushrooms (75 mL)
1/4 cup pizza sauce (60 mL)
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (75 mL)
1 oz goat cheese, crumbled (28 g)
- Pulse cauliflower florets in food processor until very fine texture. Transfer cauliflower to large microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked through. Transfer cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and spread out to cool slightly. Once cooled enough to handle, wrap the cauliflower in the towel and squeeze out excess water. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Add remaining crust ingredients and mix well. Form mixture into a ball. Place ball on parchment paper lined baking sheet and pat into a circular crust, about ¼ inch thick, about 10 inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. (220°C) Bake crust for about 8 to 10 minutes or until bottom is nicely browned and the crust is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour canola oil into a large non stick skillet and place over medium heat. Saute vegetables for 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Spread cauliflower crust with pizza sauce. Distribute cooked vegetables over top and sprinkle with mozzarella and goat cheese.
- Bake for an additional 7-8 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Cauliflower pizza crust is a great grain-free, lower-carb option and the perfect way to sneak in more vegetables at your next pizza night. It crisps up like regular crust and has a light, delicate flavour. No rising time needed, just whiz up cauliflower in your food processor, microwave the florets, squeeze out excess water and you’re ready to go!
- Serving Size
- 1 slice
- Total Fat
- 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4.2 g
- 53 mg
- 409 mg
- 14 g
- 3.9 g
- 5.2 g
- 9.8 g
- 663 mg