- 1/4 unsweetened chocolate, chopped (60 mL)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp canola oil (90 mL)
- 1 cup sugar (250 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1/2 cup flour (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, halved (75 mL)
- pinch salt (1 mL)
- 1/4 cup canola margarine (60 mL)
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar (500 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 2 Tbsp 1% milk (30 mL)
To frost: mix all icing ingredients in a large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Decorate immediately, as described in post, with red decorating gel or raspberry syrup.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9″ (23 cm) square baking pan.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on high, in 20-second bursts, stirring after each. Set aside to cool a bit.
- In a bowl, beat oil, sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in chocolate. Stir in flour, cherries and salt.
- Scrape batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Chocolate-Cherry Sweetheart Brownies
Valentine’s Day and chocolate are perfect partners. Adding dried cherries takes the edge off the sweetness while canola oil keeps these brownies nice and moist. Recipe from our friends at EatInEatOut.
- Serving Size
- 1 brownie
- Total Fat
- 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.8 g
- 24 mg
- 52 mg
- 35 g
- 0.7 g
- 30.8 g
- 1.7 g
- 57 mg