1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (125 mL)
1 –2 tsp instant coffee powder (5-10 mL)
3/4 tsp baking powder (4 mL)
3/4 tsp salt (4 mL)
1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
1/2 cup brown sugar (125 mL)
1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
1 egg (1)
1/4 cup water (60 mL)
1 tsp pure vanilla (5 mL)
3/4 cup chocolate chips (175 mL)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour with the cocoa, coffee powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the sugars with canola oil until light in colour. Beat in the egg, water and vanilla until well-combined.
- Add flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into balls (rolled with about 2 level Tbsp each) and place about 2”(5 cm) apart on prepared sheets.
- Bake, switching sheets on racks halfway, 10 min or until just cooked. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Make-ahead: Make the batter then cover and keep in the fridge up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature then scoop into balls as in recipe.
Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
These delectable little morsels are a classic take on traditional brownies just in cookie form! Watch these disappear before your eyes. Delicious! Recipe courtesy of Claire Tansey.
- Serving Size
- 1 cookie
- Total Fat
- 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.6 g
- 8 mg
- 100 mg
- 19 g
- 1.6 g
- 12 g
- 2.2 g
- 82 mg