1 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped (250 mL)
2 cup all-purpose flour (500 mL)
2 tsp ground cardamom (10 mL)
zest of 2 large oranges (2)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1 cup non-hydrogenated canola margarine (250 mL)
1 cup icing sugar, sifted (250 mL)
2 eggs whites (2)
½ tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (250 ml)
2 tsp canola oil (10 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175°C). Toast pecans on baking sheet for 6 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, pecans, cardamom orange zest and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat margarine, icing sugar, egg whites, and vanilla until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. On a low speed, gradually add flour mixture, mixing until blended.
- Wrap and chill dough in freezer until firm, approximately 3 hours.
*Note: dough can be made and frozen one day ahead.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).Form dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls. Place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet 2” (5 cm) apart and use fork to press flat. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until golden around edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to completely cool. Repeat with second batch of cookies.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add chocolate and oil, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate mixture. Place on parchment or waxed paper and set aside until chocolate hardens, about 1 hour (or place in refrigerator to speed up hardening).
Chocolate-Dipped Orange Cardamom Pecan Cookies
These cookies are as delicious as they sound. Whip up a batch for your next family holiday dinner, office luncheon, or just for you. Best enjoyed on Saturdays with tea and a good book. Mmmm, cookies.
- Serving Size
- 1 Cookie
- Makes 24 Cookies
- Total Fat
- 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.8 g
- 0 mg
- 75 mg
- 18 g
- 1.3 g
- 8.6 g
- 2.4 g
- 66 mg