1 medium romaine heart, roughly chopped (1)
2 cups baby kale (500 mL)
1/4 cup chopped cucumber (60 mL)
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (60 mL)
1/4 cup chopped fennel (60 mL)
2 Tbsp pitted baked black olives (30 mL)
1/2 tsp chili flakes (2 mL)
1 hard boiled egg, halved (1)
1 can of sardines or mackerel (1)
1 shallot finely sliced (1)
1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
3 Tbsp lemon juice (45 mL)
1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley (15 mL)
1 Tbsp fresh chopped chives (15 mL)
1 Tbsp chopped tarragon (15 mL)
2 tsp Dijon mustard (10 mL)
1 clove garlic, finely minced (1)
Salt and pepper to taste
- In small bowl combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard and garlic.
- Slowly whisk in canola oil until smooth and combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, toss together chopped romaine, baby kale, tomatoes, shallots, fennel, chilies, olives and cucumber with a small amount of dressing and mix well.
- Place into a bowl and garnish with egg and fish and drizzle with more dressing
Chopped Salad with Dressing
This lovely chopped salad is as gourmet as it is delicious. Fennel complements the crisp romaine while the briny olives and sardines provide a lovely umami flavour. Topped with a tarragon dressing, this salad is packed with nutrients and flavour. Add it to your menu and wow your guests. Recipe courtesy of Chef Rodney Bowers.
- 2 to 4
- Total Fat
- 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.1 g
- 86 mg
- 173 mg
- 7.5 g
- 2.3 g
- 2.6 g
- 10.6 g
- 479 mg