2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
4 tsp baking powder (20 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
1/2 cup milk, cold (125 mL)
1/3 cup canola oil, cold (75 mL)
1/2 cup canola margarine, very soft but not melted (125 mL)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (125 mL)
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon (15 mL)
1 cup icing sugar (250 mL)
2 Tbsp milk (30 mL)
1/2 tsp vanilla (2 mL)
To make the dough:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line an 8 inch (2 L) square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together milk and oil. Drizzle into flour and mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly and starting to clump together.
- Bring dough together with your hands and knead gently on lightly floured surface until dough is well combined and smooth.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to make a 12 inch (30 cm) square.
To make filling and assemble:
- Spread canola margarine evenly over dough, right to the edges.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up dough into log shape and pinch seam of long edge to hold it closed. Cut roll into 9 equal pieces and place into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together icing sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Adjust to desired consistency.
- Drizzle as much as you like over the slightly cooled rolls.
Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls
These biscuit style buns are perfect to enjoy for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a snack on the go. Best served warmed out of the oven, they can also be reheated in the microwave. Bonus: The filling options are endless!
- 9 people
- Serving Size
- 1 roll (without icing)
- Total Fat
- 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 7.6 g
- 29 mg
- 309 mg
- 23.1 g
- 1.2 g
- 13.4 g
- 3 g
- 58 mg