- 1/2 cup ground almonds (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (60 mL)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (60 mL)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup canola margarine (125 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 3 eggs separated (3)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (45 mL)
- 1/4 cup canola margarine (60 mL)
- 2 cups icing sugar (500 mL)
- 3-4 tsp milk (15-20 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 2 tsp lemon zest (10 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In large bowl, combine, ground almonds, chick pea flour, coconut flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Stir to combine ingredients.
- In separate bowl, beat canola margarine and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks.
- Gently stir mixture into dry ingredients along with the lemon juice.
- In third bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the egg yolk and flour mixture.
- Transfer mixture to paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 25–30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from muffin cups and cool on wire rack.
- Frost with Lemon Frosting.
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Beat well until mixture is fluffy and will spread evenly.
Gluten Free Coconut Cupcakes
A gluten–free cupcake! This light and decadent coconut cupcake is topped with a lemon icing and is ideal for bridal showers, weddings and birthday parties.
- 8 people
- Serving Size
- 124 g
- Total Fat
- 22 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.5 g
- Trans. Fat
- 0 g
- 80 mg
- 280 mg
- 67 g
- 2 g
- 5 g