- 1 1/3 cups milk, heated to 95°F - 105°F (35°C - 40.5°C) (325 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked (2 )
- 1 Tbsp rapid rise yeast (15 mL)
- 2/3 cup sugar (150 mL)
- 5 cups all purpose flour, divided (1.13 L)
- Pinch of nutmeg (0.5 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup sugar (125 mL)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (2 mL)
1 - 8 oz/250 g pkg cream cheese (1)
2/3 cup icing sugar (150 mL)
1 tsp instant coffee (5 mL)
1 tsp water (5 mL)
- In a medium size saucepan, heat milk to proper temperature. Whisk in canola oil and eggs. In large mixer bowl, using dough hook attachment, combine yeast, sugar, 2 cups flour, nutmeg and salt. Add combined liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Beat ingredients for 1 – 2 minutes.
- With mixer turned on add enough extra flour to form a smooth elastic ball of dough. The dough should be barely sticky. Beat the dough for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes, covered, in mixer bowl. Roll dough to 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) thickness, on floured counter top.
- Cut doughnuts, using a doughnut cutter or a 5 – 7.5 cm (2 – 3 inch) cookie cutter. Transfer circles to a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm place for approximately 45 minutes or until doughnuts have doubled in size.
- Bake doughnuts at 375ºF (190ºC), about 8 – 10 minutes, or until doughnuts are golden in colour.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium size bowl. While doughnuts are still warm, lightly brushes tops with canola oil and quickly dip tops in the sugar mixture.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl, until softened. Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Fit pastry bag with small round tip and fill bag with icing. Carefully poke a small hole in the side of the doughnut (careful nut to go all the way through).
- Insert the tip of the pastry bag into the hole of each doughnut and carefully squeeze the bag to fill doughnuts with icing.
- Serve immediately.
Coffee Filled Incredible Baked Doughnuts
Nothing goes better with a doughnut than coffee. This combination doughnut actually has coffee infused into it. Use your favourite instant coffee for a doughnut with a caffeinated (or decaffeinated) coffee zip!
- Serving Size
- 1 doughnut
- Makes 16
- Total Fat
- 9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.6 g
- 42 mg
- 226 mg
- 52.3 g
- 1.4 g
- 21.7 g
- 7.8 g
- 118 mg