1 - 350g block extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2” cubes (1)
1 Tbsp cornstarch (15 mL)
2 Tbsp canola oil, divided (30 mL)
1 small onion, chopped (1)
2 large carrots, chopped into coins (2)
1 red pepper, chopped (1)
1 yellow pepper, chopped (1)
1 - 14 oz can of pineapple chunks, drained (1)
2 Tbsp cornstarch (30 mL)
1/3 cup cold water (75 mL)
1/4 cup sugar (60 mL)
1/3 cup ketchup (75 mL)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (60 mL)
2 Tbsp soy sauce (30 mL)
Rice for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425℉ (220°C).
- Line a 13 x 18-inch (33x 46 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place tofu on the baking sheet, sprinkle with cornstarch and drizzle with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Toss to evenly coat. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil. Add onion and carrots and sauté for 5-7 minutes until tender and brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cold water and cornstarch until dissolved. Whisk in all remaining sauce ingredients.
- To vegetables, add crispy tofu, peppers, pineapple and sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce bubbles and thickens. Turn off heat and serve immediately over rice.
Crispy Oven Baked Sweet and Sour Tofu
An easy take on the classic sweet and sour stir fry! Serve it with a side of rice or noodles, it is sure to become a new family favourite.
- 4 people
- Total Fat
- 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- 0 mg
- 830 mg
- 54.5 g
- 4.2 g
- 38.6 g
- 16.9 g
- 767 mg