1 cup whole-wheat flour (250 mL)
1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
1/2 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded (125 mL)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (60 mL)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley or dill, chopped (30 mL)
4 tsp baking powder (20 mL)
1 small clove garlic, minced (1)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1/2 cup milk (125 mL)
1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together whole wheat and all-purpose flours, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, parsley, baking powder, garlic and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together milk and canola oil. Drizzle into flour and using a fork, mix together until mixture is crumbly and starting to clump together. Bring dough together with your hands.
- Place dough on lightly-floured work surface and knead gently, 1-2 minutes, until well combined. Pat out dough to make a 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick square. Cut into 12 equal strips. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Try serving with a dipping sauce such as:
Double Cheese Garlic Herb Biscuit Sticks
These no-yeast breadsticks have a tender biscuit-like texture and are perfect for dipping into your favourite soup, stew, dipping sauce, or even an egg yolk. They take no time to whip up, and are a wonderful addition to a weeknight supper or weekend breakfast.
- Serving Size
- 1 stick
- Total Fat
- 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.1 g
- 7 mg
- 277 mg
- 16.6 g
- 1.3 g
- 0.7 g
- 4.6 g
- 78 mg