- 1 tall clear glass almost filled to the top with water (14 oz/)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- Food colouring
- Fill the tall glass almost to the top with room-temerature water.
- all canola oil to the glass and let the water and oil completely separate.
- Add a few drips of food colouring to the glass. You can use any colour combination or stick with one colour.
- Watch and wait until the food colouring sinks in the glass!
Science notes: As the food colouring exits the bottom of the oil, it mixes with the water and diffuses outward, resembling fireworks!
Bring all the excitement and thrill from outdoor fireworks inside with this science based craft! Watch the food colouring diffuse into starbursts when it breaks through the small layer of canola oil - awesome!