- 1 1/2 cup canola oil (375 mL)
- 1 fresh vanilla bean pod (1 )
- 1 tsp lemon zest (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked (2 mL)
- In a small saucepan, bring the canola oil to 140°F; do not boil.
- Add the freshly scraped vanilla bean and the pod; mix well. Add the lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat and place in a glass container. Let it rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- To serve, bring the infused oil to room temperature or just warm. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Flavour Me Vanilla Canola Oil
The vanilla bean is a flavourful and aromatic addition to canola oil. For a heart healthy appetizer, use as a bread dip at your next party.