- 1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup minced chives (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley (60 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1)
- In a one cup (250 mL) jar or container with tight fitting lid combine all ingredients. Seal container with lid, shake and refrigerate. Can be stored in refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Top your salad, chicken, pork, fish or sandwiches with Parsley Chive Topper. Sprinkle with vinegar of choice (suggestions: balsamic, red wine, white wine) and enjoy!
Or better known in Italian as Salsa Verde or French Sauce Verte or Mexico Salsa Verde , it`s essentially a cold rustic green sauce that is made up of green herbs like parsley, garlic, vinegar, oil and depending on what country of origin you may be adding capers for Italy, mayonnaise and tarragon for France, using tomatillos for a Mexican salsa. Remember this is the base, so add your favourite vinegar to give it the zip you like. Since it`s a cold sauce, try a virgin canola oil.