- 4 (6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (180g)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary (30 mL)
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses (30 mL)
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice (30 mL)
- 1 tsp honey (5 mL)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1)
- 2 cups blackberries, sliced in half (500 mL)
- 8 oz goat cheese, crumbled (250 g)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (125 mL)
- 4 cups baby spinach and kale salad mix (1 L)
- Preheat a barbecue to medium heat.
- Season chicken breasts with rosemary and pepper. Place on an oiled grill and cook for about 6 minutes a side, or until juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Slice each chicken breast into thin strips.
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar with a resealable lid. Shake vigorously until well-mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add all salad ingredients and toss to evenly mix. Divide salad equally onto 4 plates. Drizzle each serving with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of Pomegranate Dressing and top with 1 sliced chicken breast. Serve immediately.
Grilled Chicken and Berry Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pomegranate molasses isn’t molasses at all but rather reduced pomegranate juice! You can find it in most Middle Eastern sections in your local supermarket and is divine in this dressing. You could also drizzle the dressing over roasted vegetables or grilled meat for an instant flavour upgrade. Substitute the blackberries for Rainer cherries when they are in season.
- 4 people
- Serving Size
- About 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- Total Fat
- 33 g
- Saturated Fat
- 11 g
- 55 mg
- 281 mg
- 12 g
- 5 g
- 12 g
- 24 g
- 397 mg