- 1 pink grapefruit, cut in half horizontally (1/2 for the grill, ½ segmented)
- ¼ cup canola, divided (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp honey (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp raspberry flavoured white wine vinegar (15 mL)
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard (10 mL)
- 1 tsp minced fresh chives (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (2 mL)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (1 L)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup feta cheese (125 mL)
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds (60 mL)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (60 mL)
- Preheat a barbecue over medium-high heat. Brush cut sides of grapefruit with 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil. Place cut side down on grill and cook 2 minutes; rotate grapefruit 45 degrees and cook for another 2 minutes or until charred. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Squeeze enough juice from one half of the grapefruit to equal 1/3 cup (75 mL). Combine grilled grapefruit juice with canola oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a bowl, add salad greens, chicken pieces, feta cheese, toasted sliced almonds, dried cranberries and the grapefruit segments from the second half of the grilled grapefruit. Dizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Grilled Grapefruit and Chicken Salad
Fruity salads are nothing new, but this grilled grapefruit salad recipe is sure to give your taste buds a new citrus experience. Grilling the grape fruit gives it a smokey taste that complements the raspberry flavoured white vinegar and sweet honey—the perfect combination of sweet, smokey, citrus, and tang.
- Serving Size
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Total Fat
- 11 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 30 mg
- 330 mg
- 13 g
- 2 g
- 10 g
- 14 g
- 134 mg