24 large prawns, raw, shelled, deveined, tails left on (24)
2 cobs of corn (2)
4 peaches, sliced in quarters (4)
3 green onions, chopped (3)
1 head green leaf lettuce, washed, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces (1)
1 ripe avocado, sliced (1)
1 Tbsp canola oil
¼ tsp pepper
⅛ tsp salt
3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (2)
1 ½ tsp cajun spice (7 mL)
½ tsp paprika (2 mL)
¼ tsp salt (1 mL)
- In a large bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Add in shrimp, toss to coat and place in fridge until ready to grill.
- Preheat barbecue grill to 300°F (150°C).
- Lightly brush corn and peaches with canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Once barbecue reaches temperature, lay grill mat on one side of your barbecue. Place shrimp on grill mat, and corn and peach quarters cut side down on the grill side of the barbecue.
- Grill uncovered until corn and peaches are browned, turning to brown all sides, 3-5 minutes. Prawns will take about 2 minutes per side, or until pink and cooked through. Remove corn, peaches, and prawns and place on a platter.
- Let corn cool slightly, cut kernels from cob then set aside.
- In a small bowl, or jar with a lid, combine dressing ingredients. Whisk or shake to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss lettuce and green onions with lemon vinaigrette. Divide salad among plates. Top with prawns, corn kernels, quartered peaches, and sliced avocado. Drizzle with a touch of lemon vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy.
Grilled Peach and Corn Salad with Cajun Shrimp
In the height of peach season this salad is the go-to meal. Grill peaches on the BBQ to heighten the sweetness and lock in juiciness. Paired with corn and shrimp, this salad is a fan-favourite at bbqs and backyard get togethers.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 salad with 6 shrimp
- Total Fat
- 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.1 g
- 54 mg
- 379 mg
- 35.2 g
- 8.6 g
- 20 g
- 11 g
- 881 mg