- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups all-purpose flour (375-500 mL)
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ (30 mL)
- 1 pkg (7 g) quick rising instant yeast (1 pkg)
- 1 cup warm water (250 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (15 mL)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (1 mL)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (250 mL)
- 2 Tbsp white sugar (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch (15 mL)
- 3 Tbsp water (45 mL)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5 mL)
- ½ cup Greek vanilla yogurt (125 mL)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, mix whole-wheat flour, 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour, salt and yeast. Stir in warm water and canola oil.
- Gradually stir in enough of remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly-floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into ball. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes before rolling out.
- Cut the dough into two equal pieces. Set aside one dough ball.*
- Roll out one dough ball into a large circle and place on parchment-lined round baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add frozen blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water until fully dissolved. Add to blueberry mixture and continue stirring until fully incorporated.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes until blueberry sauce starts to thicken.
- Set aside and allow blueberry sauce to cool.
- Once pizza dough has cooled, top with yogurt and spread evenly.
- Add a dollop of blueberry sauce to the middle and place 3 more rings of blueberry sauce evenly on top.
- Using butter knife, start from the middle and carefully drag knife outward to crust through the toppings to create web-like lines.
- Cut and serve.
*The extra dough ball can be wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a resalable bag or container. This dough ball can be frozen for future use OR
you may wish to use this extra dough ball to make a pizza for your main meal item. Check out our other fun Halloween pizza options.
Halloween Booberry Spider Web Dessert Pizza
A different take on pizza, this spider web pizza is a breeze to make and uses greek yogurt and blueberry compote. A nice dessert feature for a Halloween party and a creative way to get fruit into your child’s diet.
- 1 pizza
- Serving Size
- 1 slice
- Total Fat
- 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.2 g
- 0 mg
- 30 mg
- 25 g
- 2 g
- 8.5 g
- 4.2 g
- 77 mg