- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups all-purpose flour (375-500 mL)
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ (30 mL)
- 1 pkg (7 g) quick rising instant yeast (1 pkg)
- 1 cup warm water (250 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 small onion, diced (1)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3)
- 3-4 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 Tbsp each of fresh oregano and basil (45-60 mL)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (1 mL)
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1/2- 1 tsp sugar (optional- will reduce the acidity of tomatoes) (2-5 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (375 mL)
- 28 small round pepperoni slices (28)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, mix whole-wheat flour, 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour, salt and yeast. Stir in warm water and canola oil.
- Gradually stir in enough of remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly-floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into ball. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes before rolling out.
- Cut dough into 4 equal balls. Shape each ball of pizza dough into a pumpkin with stem, place shaped dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper and crushed tomatoes. Simmer sauce for 5-10 minutes.
- Top each pumpkin with pizza sauce and cover with shredded mozzarella.
- Add pepperoni eyes and mouth.
- Bake for 12 minutes until cheese is melted.
Halloween Pumpkin Pizza
This pumpkin-shaped pizza is both creative and quite the crowd pleaser. Use pepperoni for a delicious smile, or peppers for a vegetarian toothy grin. Boo-tiful!
- 4 mini pizzas
- Serving Size
- 1 mini pizza
- Total Fat
- 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 9.1 g
- 56 mg
- 1128 mg
- 81.3 g
- 10.5 g
- 11.6 g
- 29.8 g
- 1033 mg